View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 PM

There have been and are people in my life that I recognize on sight and remember, though I am meeting them for the first time. I have no religion, but this makes me think I've been here before, and find my familiars again and again.

I am fortunate enough to have two such people in close league with me now. There are a handful of friends whom I feel this same way about, and I am grateful to say that with all of them, even the ones who are no longer in my life or in this life; the connection has no possibility of ending. It is deeply comforting to wonder who we were before and who we will become. Perhaps my mind works this way to soothe itself. Either way, I'm pleased by the feeling.

I am too much of a poet to be able to stomach the word "soulmate" bandied around for the dick-zillionth (thank yooou, Neon!) time by someone with a bad vocabulary (not anyone here- I've just been to a lot of poetry readings).
I think here are much more unique and interesting spiritual discussions to have. Besides-how exhausting to think that there is only one person that you must find in the wide world who will complete your soul? That doesn't sound like my brand of self-awareness.

Ok, now I'm just avoiding my homework.
-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.