View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Location: Canada, where people yell yeha for ten days and throw up on there shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkafan View Post
This is good news Freetime, I am very glad.
Also happy that you are sticking around. Although everybody's experience is slightly different, a lot of the same issues come up and we have all been through the same things. You will have up days and down days but I can tell you that you will never be bored !
From a strictly male point of view, I can identify with what you said and Carma said about getting stuck in that masculine rut of going to work and coming home. Gender roles can be a ruthless tyranny. My wife was stuck at home bringing up the kids. It was sucking all the life out of us. We made various attempts to break out of this pattern without success.

By the way I also have a back injury. I am in a constant low level of pain which can get worse if I don't excercise and take care of myself. I refuse to let that dictate what I do or how I live my life though.

About 10 or 11 years ago my wife was given some possibly life altering news about her health and at that time I panicked, gave up my career and stayed home with her while she built her business and *I worked for her and her company.

(* not really, but it sounds better then saying I just hung around hoping she didn't die.)

The back injury just added insult to injury in that it stopped me from doing many of the things I loved to do such as hike, excursion walking, martial arts and combative shooting Etc.

I started spending a lot of money on in house distractions (Models, Toys, Books.) and as you can see here we are today. I used to Draw, for hours and hours. I was never a pro artist but I loved drawing and yet gave that up too at about the same time as I got married. Hmmmmm. Issues.

I'm a very outgoing funny human being but you'd not know it by looking at how I've lived. Time to change that it seems.