1) I grew up in a right-wing family... and have come far from that.
2) (Obviously) a critical comment on the mindbend idea of there being a "Mr. Right" for any given woman. ("Someday my prince will come!")
3) Decades ago a certain woman fell in love with me... and then - once we were a "couple" - almost immediately tried changing me into her "Mr. Perfect".
I wrote her a poem (never showed it to her) with the opening lines:
If you're looking for Mr. Perfect,
What the hell are you doing here?!
There's no-one here by that name:
I'd have thought that was pretty clear.
If I can't dance, I want no part in your Revolution.
- Emma Goldman Anarchist and Polyamorous par excellenceThe person who says something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
- old Chinese proverbAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais NinI'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.