View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:04 AM

Oh, so sorry to hear about all this sad stuff. It's good to have family and friends around to be supportive. Very soothing, I am sure, that you have your son to cuddle with and team up with to be there for PN. And Mono's notes are surely a comfort for you, too.

My father-in-law passed away a few weeks after my husband and I split up. I tried to be as supportive as possible, but my ex was so angry at me that he didn't want me travel to be with them (in another state), and didn't even let me go to the funeral after my FIL died. It hurt so much not not be able to say my goodbyes and express my condolences to the family, in addition to see my marriage ending.

My MIL is dying now, and it's only a matter of months before she passes away. My ex is not as angry at me anymore, but I wonder what will happen and what I can do when she goes. I was just thinking about this today, as a matter of fact. Now that we're separated, all I can do is ask how she is. He and his family are not a part of my life anymore, which feels so weird! You are blessed to have so many loving people around you.

Aww. May you find your strength and carry on.
The world opens up... when you do.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:

Last edited by nycindie; 03-10-2011 at 08:10 AM.