View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivien View Post
...Am I more afraid of change than I realized?!

Can anybody identify? What was it you felt - if it wasn't jealousy - and how did you handle it, and how was it resolved?
I have felt twinges of jealousy from time to time... mostly tho because my gf and I have an egalitarian relationship, but her relationship with her bf is him=Master/her=sub.

But otherwise, my feelings are not "resolved" yet, per se. It's a work in progress. What helps is having gotten to meet with her bf (and his live-in gf). Also, my gf does share details of her dates with her bf with me, even sexual details. I know this doesn't work for everyone. Some people don't want details. But I like being apprised of their progress. It makes me feel a bit included, and more empowered. My gf also likes to share the details with me. The actual happenings are easier to deal with, for me, than what my imagination would dream up.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37