View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusioned View Post
You know, there is another thing I don't get about monogamism ... from what I understand about American calture, during college and High School, people "go out" "not exclusive" with each other... in other words, its perfectly fine then to "bang" with a few people in the same time and its totally OK (and of course be in an emotional connection too with all of them, at least I hope... I'm using the word bang just to be funny again) anyway... so in college its totally OK but then once you are out of college ... game over, it becomes borderline illegal.

What's the story with that?
You are generalizing again. Are you basing this on American television? Plenty of high school and college kids are monogamous and in long-term committed relationships without any banging of other people going on. So-o-o many people I know stayed with their college sweethearts and were faithfully mono throughout their college romance and for years afterward.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein