View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 12:19 AM

Wow.

Disillusioned, I think you are failing to fully realize that people have free will. Yes, most "civilized" cultures encourage monogamy and often present it as the only option. However, all people have a choice as to how they want their relationships to be and who they want them to be with. Societal norms and conditioning can have a big part in how we make these choices, but we are not robots.

I think it is great that you have this viewpoint and you want everyone to benefit from the knowledge you have gained. BUT, forcing it down people's throats is not the way to go about getting the word out there.

Also, read in a few of your posts on this thread that you cite monogamous couples having sex infrequently. Well I am no expert but I am sure their are some polyamourous people who do not have sex every day, or maybe have sex "once a month." This can have to do with many factors, some of which could be children, long distance relationships, an extremely busy career, etc..
I do hear you about how people can get bored with each other or complacent, and I think that is true. However, I think that can happen in any relationship, whether it be monogamous, poly, sexual, platonic, whatever.

Also, polyamory is not really about sex. It is about love.

Last edited by ladyintricate; 03-07-2011 at 12:22 AM.