View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyGum View Post
I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I'm waiting for him to "grow out of it." Does that even happen? Is this a phase that men can grow out of?

-Sad & Disillusioned
No, people don't "grow out" of themselves IF you are talking about WHO THEY ARE.
However, there's no way for any of us to know for sure that he IS NATURALLY a poly-person and isn't just "wanting to screw around". It's impossible, because A. we don't know him and B. that's so internal anyway.

On the other hand, you are each individuals who have to choose your own path. If this is THAT important to him and it's THAT much of a "no" for you-then it may mean you need to go your separate ways. Only you can figure that out for yourselves.

I can tell you for me, if my husband is waiting for me to "grow out of " this, he's going to die before that happens. I've been poly since I was a little girl. Even as young as 1st grade, I always had two men I was interested in. Then, complicated that by the fact that I'm bi-sexual... nightmare trainwreck if he thinks I'm going to suddenly become someone else.

Does that make sense at all? I feel for you. Take some time to really consider what it is YOU want for your life and then work towards that goal, understanding that you can't make ANYONE else do anything, including him. So, your goals have to be centered upon letting other people do and be whatever it is that they are...