View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Jealousy is usually a fear or needs not being met. You said in your post what need is not being met... companionship with like minded people. So go and create that for yourself. You are responsible for opening doors that allow things into your life... it sound like your partner has shown you a door, you could take it, or find your own.

It sounds like you need to get out and do some stuff. Go to some things on your own maybe and see who you meet. The only way to meet people in person is to go to places in person. I suggest going and having no expectation of finding instant friendship. Go to something you know you will enjoy and just sit back and observe the first or second time...

Maybe a poly event? If there isn't one in your area, put the word out to those you know that are poly or interested and meet them somewhere for coffee, or drinks or whatever... start a group that meets to talk about some issues like jealousy. Not only could you make some like minded friends, but find some others that are going through similar things and be able to bounce issues off of them for support.

There is much under tag searches under "jealousy" btw.

Last edited by redpepper; 03-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.