Thread: Coming out
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RfromRMC View Post
Well, my earlier post was on the task of telling friends and family. That alone is a big hurdle.

Co-workers is a whole other ballpark. Took me years to admit to my coworkers about being gay. Poly? Oy. That's scary and unpredictable. This is still the South here afterall---most folks here are religious in one way or another. So far, I think my coworkers have this sense of feeling like they are "enlightened moderate" Christians who are tolerate or even accepting of gays. But polyamory would certainly go over their thresholds, I'm afraid.
You may be selling them short. I got to a point in my life, where I just didn't care who knew. If people can't accept me for who I am, then so be it. Will I ever be in politics? GADS no! Will I ever hold a public office or public type job? Probably not. So do I have anything to loose by telling co-workers? Not really. I'm a mechanic. People have grown accustomed to to hearing odd things about mechanics. LOL

Of course, I live in Florida too...Pretty open here. I mean, it IS the swinger capitol of the world, so when I tell people, they automatically say "Oh, so you're a swinger?". LOL