Originally Posted by ckn46
However the only advice I can give you is:
- Continue to be honest and direct with him about all of your feelings.
- Know, understand and discuss those feelings. Own your feelings, allow him to own his own.
- Set clearly defined boundaries of what is and is not ok with you.
- Communicate clearly when you feel those boundaries have been crossed.
- Accept and love him for who he is. Do not try to change him, for on his side of the fence, an attempt to change him will likely seen as rejection.
Thanks Chris! Those words mean a lot and the list of considerations are very helpful. We are still in the very early stages of this adventure, but we are doing better day by day.
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. - Maya Angelou