View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:49 PM

I am new here too, and I believe this is the first time I've commented on anything, so forgive me my ignorance, all you forum veterans. =)

I wonder if you would still "only want to be able to kiss, flirt, hold hands, or other kinds of secondary sexual affection" if you fell hard for someone other than your current partner. Have you thought that far ahead into the realm of possibility? You mentioned that you are relatively inexperienced....

It all seems potentially very sweet to me. You might have no trouble negotiating with your partner and your potential "buddies" a lifestyle that includes affection and make-out time with other friends of yours--or do you think you actually might be able to see others as lovers?

If I were you, I'd try to take it slow enough to be able to treat your inexperienced self and your partner gently through what might and might not end up becoming a transition into a poly lifestyle. Go ahead and expect to feel things that you can't possibly predict right now, and then expect to need to practice communicating openly and compassionately with BF about those feelings. (I highly recommend exploring NVC: http://www.cnvc.org/Training/NVC-Concepts)

Best of luck!