View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Yeah, I was aware that's not what was being referred to, but I thought it was relevant.

I'm reading the link now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
What I think is not realized is that time reveals much and when you are starting out with poly in your life, all is not evident yet. One has to ruminate and be open to experience. Rather than try to control it and just shove poly and its ideals aside. I know that is hard. It is not pleasant to be forced to face something new, but that, quite often is life, and this is just part of its great journey.
Truth, that is. I just suck at life. I eventually learn, but I always complain a lot before I finally get the message. I'm sure I'll wind up there eventually, it will probably take a few more whacks to the head from the life-stick before it sinks in. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
But, that wasn't what I meant about the chemistry. I happen to be one of those people who can TOTALLY enjoy the lovey dovey "making love" experience and the "FUCK ME HARD" experience-to hell with the pre-concieved idea of "woman/man" b.s. It's bs.

The internal chemical reactions of the body during sex are similar to the internal chemical reactions when smoking crack.
Anyway-it's pretty interesting.
It is, indeed, bs. Lies and more lies. Good guidelines to know what to expect, but don't rely on them or you'l be in for a big -- and probably unpleasant -- surprise.

The human body is so messed up. We form attachments to inanimate objects and become addicted to just about everything far too easily. Humans, who have no natural weapons, no natural armour, and somehow no natural predators. How we've survived as a species thus far confounds me. The Human Way seems to involve little more than being incapable of learning lessons, and continuing to mindlessly stumble forward until we reach our goal. How will we survive expansion into space? Or will we even make it that far? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckn46 View Post
acceptance = love.
It's funny how so many of us in modern culture have trouble understanding that. I mean, I have some pretty archaic bullshit programmed into me. I need to let go of it and get to where you are. Acceptance = love looks like a beautiful equation, I just wish I didn't have so many preconceived notions and lies and bullshit and negative emotions and insecurity in the way.

I only hope I learn this before I end up being trapped in, and causing, a life full of unfulfillment and regret.

Last edited by SimpleSimian; 02-28-2011 at 06:27 PM.