View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
In my understanding (and experience) of New Relationship Energy, there is a strong tendency of 'not being able to get enough of your partner'. When you are not with them, you want to get a text from them, or want to call them, or just daydream about them. Everything seems dull and gray in comparison. You want to be with that special person so bad that you're almost angry with everyone else who's not them. Long-distance makes it so much harder, because it takes so long to get used to them being there - every time you see each other, is a little like falling in love all over again.

So knowing your partner has someone who gets to spend time with them when you don't? Green-eyed monsters have been let loose for lot less.
So true! Currently, I'm not the best person to be around, as my thoughts and attention go to her, while I know she is seeing other persons and while I know I won't see her before some longer time. It's like I don't know what to do with myself... I guess I have to accept the facts for what they are, she is poly, I'm mono (willing to try poly)