View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemondrop View Post
Else-Marie and Her Seven Little Daddies by Gabrielle Charbonnet and Pija Lindenbaum
Amazon recommends ages 4-7

"Else-Marie and Her Seven Little Daddies recounts the day the seven little daddies get drafted to pick Else-Marie up from play-group..."
I read another book by Pija Lindenbaum, "Mini Mia And Her Darling Uncle" (though I read it in Catalan), which gets a - It's about Mia coming to terms with her jealousy over her favourite uncle's new boyfriend.

The Princess Who Stood On Her Own Two Feet” by Jeanne Desy.
I read it in an anthology of feminist fairy tales, “Don’t Bet On The Prince” (edited by Jack Zipes), but it can also be found on-line at http://www.tallwomen.org/contents/princess.htm . I recommended this story on a polyamory thread on another web-site. It’s not strictly about polyamory, but it does deal critically with one of its characters who expects his fiancée to give up another (non-sexual but very dear and important) friendship.
Warning: there's a typo in both the Zipes book and on that web-site. One sentence reads: "[...]but she could not sleep without slippers and stole through the silent castle[...]". That should read something like: "[...]but she could not sleep without paying another visit to her dear friend. So she put on her slippers and stole through the silent castle[...]"
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson