View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 PM

Default Sexism is no joke and a word on trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
No wonder the English language is so screwed up and complicated, you men keep making up new definitions to common words. You must have your own secret club where you keep the "special" dictionaries used just to confuse us women.
I commonly push the limits of the meanings of words and use them for my own purposes, right or wrong. It's 'cause I know the rules (in regards to the English language) that I feel I have a pass to break them. All of us writer types are this way, as far as I know.

Also, I invite you to switch your "men"s and "women"s in the above quote and behold the shitstorm kickin' up the alleyway.

I feel feisty. It's warm (51F), and the window, thank the heavens, is open.

On rebuilding trust:
Redpepper, I love the way you value yourself.

I have pushed full force past boundaries, even barricades, but I have paid attention each time. I feel like I'm building the skill of forgiving myself my humanity, as long as I don't allow myself to become a monster. This is the best thing I can do to build trust with my intimates, whether it has been broken, healed, or only dreamed about.

I work on trusting myself, so my so my decisions are authentic and kind. I trust that if I work, they will love me for who I am, love my flaws like they are shining diamonds, because each is a precious opportunity to carefully keep from falling, and delight in, much like RP said.

There is a safe place in my heart where it is impossible to tell lies. I made it for myself. I invite them in.

-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.

Last edited by Rarechild; 02-16-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: love, blah, love, ...