View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma View Post
All 3 of us shave. Pubes are so annoying when they get in your throat; not very sexy to have to stop the action to pick one off your tongue, either.
I never thought of that as unsexy; just par for the course. Not pleasant, but a familiar routine. It's changed now, since it seems so many men are manscaping nowadays. Just a few years ago, that would have been so odd if they weren't an athlete, bodybuilder, or gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma View Post
But shaving is so scary for me! Always afraid to knick the wrong tender little fold... And the hair grows back fast, and it's so itchy...

I've been asking my daughter -- who is 23, lives in NYC and is SOOO much more worldly -- about Brazilian waxes, which she gets. She says the hair doesn't seem to grow back as quickly, plus it seems softer when it does.
Yes, I've heard hair grows back much softer and less heavy after waxing. Shorty waxes everything and he is always so-o-o smooth!

I bought a Schick Quattro bikini shaver for women, for $12 and it works great. One end is a regular razor, gets things very smooth, and the other is a battery-operated trimmer. Turns on with a button. I don't like going completely bald down there, so I leave a nice little trimmed up patch. You can adjust the guard on the trimmer for different lengths, and it works real well on those folds. But I usually spread things out so it's a fairly flat surface, KWIM?

Waxing can be expensive, so this was a cheapo alternative.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein