Thread: America
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 AM

After reading some of the posts I have read here just felt like posting. The U.S. is not much different than any other country if you look at it enough. Yes we do enjoy many freedoms that others do not but our founding fathers and all of the settlers that came to this great land set it up that way. Our ancestors all came here looking for freedoms that they could not enjoy in their own native countries and that still applies today. If this country is so bad and evil why is it that so many folks risk everything to try to get in here every year? It is estimated that over a million legal and illegal immigrants cross our borders each year risking everything just for a better life for themselves and their families.

Now all of the new cultures do class from time to time and sometimes bad things happen but for the most part we all live very much peacefully. If we eat too much t is our choice. No one made us eat so much or made us drive to that restaurant it was our own free choice to do so. If we want to own a gun that to is our choice. There is no need to fear anyone just because they may have a gun. If they are licensed to carry it then have no fear for it is the criminals that you have to worry about not the fellow who is just out enjoying an afternoon with his family.

I spend a lot of time reading news articles from out side the US and at times I am amazed how much miss information there is out there about us. It makes me wonder where it comes from sometimes?

Just a few quotes from our founding fathers and great men of history and I just know this will start a fire storm among many.

*An armed man is a citizen.
An unarmed man is a subject

*Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not Thomas Jefferson

*Those who trade liberty for Security have neither
John Adams

*Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

* When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

* The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control

* The United States Constitution
The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
What part of 'shall not be infringed' is NOT understood?

The Founding Fathers on the Second Amendment
*"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason - Co-author of the Second Amendment
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

*Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington - First President of the United States

* "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
Richard Henry Lee - American Statesman, 1788

Now I will not answer to jab snide remarks and such. If anyone wants to discuss this like adults I will be glad to.

Now back on Topic. My friend we are in Houston if you ever find your way to our little place in our great country we would love to meet you and take you out to dinner or something. We hope you enjoy your trip here and have lots of fun and see the wonderful sites that we have to offer. I too have traveled and like many other countries we have a lot to see and do. If you want to know more feel free to send us a messages and we can discuss it some more. We actually look forward to meeting new friends especially the ones from out the U.S. and learn their point of views and how things go in their countries and homes.