View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post

But time out for a reality check.

We do feel this 'connection' to people at times. And when we do it's a message that SOMETHING is there for us. But it's not ALWAYS 'love'. It can be many things (including growth and wisdom) and there can be some potential there.
Hmm can you expand on this thought? Are you referring to this becoming a friendship between me and the new girl? I could easily see that happening; it would be the least intrusive option, though I'm sure the temptation will still be there. Honestly I've never tried to make female friends since I met my wife. That would be interesting...

Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post

From what you've explained about your views and feelings I think it's time for that cat to come out of the bag. Does it mean anything will progress with this particular girl ? Hard to say. But if this feels right to you it's going to keep surfacing in your life until you deal with it. Maybe now is the time to start.

You have a point there! I guess at this point I don't believe there could be anything between myself and the new girl... what are the odds that I plucked another poly-curious person out of the air just as I am discovering it myself? Couldn't really expect either my wife or I to be ready for something like this anytime soon. At the very least, it has gotten me thinking.