View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
OK OK, i just ordered a used copy off of Amazon! Its by AJ Jacobs, an admitted OCD person whose last book was about reading the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. A literary geek! Sounds fun, the reviews say it's hilarious.

Well, witch is a mistranslation. The Hebrew word means evil sorceress and refer to poisonous potions apparently. Interestingly some say that phrase was from about 1400 BCE. Long-ass time ago! I doubt modern Jews fear evil sorceresses/poisoners today are that much of a threat. LOL

In my opinion, blended fibers is a metaphor for Yahweh (the Levites speaking for him) not wanting the Hebrews to enter into mixed marriages with other religious groups.

Or maybe the rules in the Bible were written by men, based on the Hammurabi code of Babylon, and not actually handed down by an invisible fire god on top of a volcano.

Genesis is all myth IMNSHO.

Yes, it's called the Talmud, which we are discussing in the Judaism thread here.
Thank you Magdlyn! I sincerely apologize it's been so long: i got a new machine here and lost my password to the forum.

Yes evil sorceresses sounds right. Those people were superstitious primitives, even if some were literate. OK, let me be pc here: pretty much all people were superstitious primitives back then. If I had lived then I would be too. I think superstitious primitivism is wonderful! Anybody pissed off?

Blended fibers and mixed marriage. New idea for me. Yep, that sounds right too.

OK, IMNSHO: uummmmmmmmmmm.......in my not so happy opinion?