Thread: Coming out
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 02:08 AM

Default coming out

Well, it was tough, but I came out of the closet this past week. I could not take it anymore. Monogamy was killing me. I cannot live that kind of lifestyle. Yes, it would have been much easier if I had realized that in the beginning, I know.

I've been married for over 10 years and have one child with the person. So far it isn't looking very good and may end in divorce. My SO has brought up divorce in the past few months for other unrelated reasons. We've always really just been good friends, and not really much more. I have always been faithful, and a genuinely honest/kind person. However, I have not been being true to myself, and can not do it anymore.

People already think I am crazy because I am basically a raw vegan too. This should really add some interesting stuff to the mix.

The minute I decided to come out, I instantly started to feel better about myself. It was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. All anger, resentment, and ill feelings just dissipated.

Once I spoke up and told my SO, I felt even better than I did just thinking about it. It took me so much courage, and must have been the most difficult thing I have ever done in my entire life. The anticipation damn near killed me. I do feel pretty bad for my SO.

So now what do I do?