Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiverMartin View Post
Hmm. If you all know each other as friends and everyone feels mutually interested in this sort of an exploration, how nice! I can't even imagine couples "dating" other couples, however -- in the sense of getting off on the foot where there's a desired outcome other than friendship, or whatever. It's just too complicated for me! But then, I think "dating," per se, is really weird, anyway. I like the idea of hanging out with a person and seeing if you can be friends, and if you can be friends and there is an interest--as friends--in swapping kisses, great! But I think starting out with a plan is just weird, and too complicated--especially when compounded by numbers.
In the interest of brevity, I didn't give you enough information. We have been friends with this other couple for two or three years. At some point, we started hanging out together a lot, and for the last year at least we've practically lived together for part of the week. Within the last few months, Oblivious Me has finally become aware that both of the other couple has feelings for me and my husband, loves my kids, and wants to be a great big family. If there was a plan--and I was recently told that there wasn't a plan--it wasn't communicated to me in a manner which I understood.