View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:51 PM

Wink So glad to be here!

Hey everybody!

I'm a 23 yr old bi-sensual female, and I guess I always new I was poly, even when I didn't have the words for it. I was always really aware of my sexuality, and sensuality, even from an early age. My mother likes to tell of the silky edged blanket that I would run between my fingers and toes for hours. Looking back, I realized I had intercourse probably earlier than "healthy" for most standards, but it was consensual and with a contemporary. This started the habit of having sex to make another happy, rather than as a way to grow closer with someone you care about. I've only recently, I feel, really come to grasp with my sexuality and reunite it with love, or at least, respect, communication, and honesty. I went from relationship to relationship, without really every asking myself what I wanted. Two years ago, after a year long relationship, I swore never again to be in a committed relationship with someone that I wasn't 100% about, and frankly I wasn't to hopeful about that happening any time soon. Yet, sooner than I thought possibly, I am in my first truly honest, open AND committed relationship.

I feel truly lucky to have met my partner. I'll call him Pookie, since he is pretty much like a teddy bear. Classically handsome, talented, dedicated, he basically won my heart by attrition, just by being himself. He was truly innocent when we started hanging out, in the way only previously deeply religious person can be. While he initially was very mono, through some personal experiences (and my truly excellent sexual training), he's recently become poly-minded. For both of us, it isn't about just fucking around, it's about being free to genuinely care for other people in our lives, and if we feel comfortable AND ARE SAFE, be close to them physically as well.

We're still very, very new to this. We talk a lot about the concept and how we're applying it, and have a full disclosure policy that we love to honor, because frankly it's hot. I feel so lucky because I didn't have to dig through years of relationship issues with Pookie to get him to open up to the poly mindset. I have developed communication skills since I was a little girl, and honed them in sales, and those plus my own heart tell me I can trust him, and I want to build my future with him.

I came here to read other's stories, their mistakes and triumphs, and learn what I need to do to nurture this relationship and help it grow.