View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
For instance, I know that this relationship with SW is term-limited, at least our sexual relationship. I believe we will remain friends even after the sexual aspects is over. I don't know how long or even why that part of our relationship will end but I know that it will. Perhaps one of us will move, or he may want to try monogamy with his primary girlfriend, or some other scenario I haven't thought of yet. So how to handle the 'term limited' relationship? Anyone else been in a similar situation?
One statement I've found to contain a great deal of wisdom is this: "This, too, shall pass."

That applies to the entire human experience--and relationships are not spared that fate. No relationship can be considered permanent, as each may end or transform according to how the currents of life eddy around us. We live the experience and grieve over loss and savor the memories.

Whether it involves a friendship with benefits or a deep, romantic love.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.