View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella123456 View Post
An aspect of the wieght question I find interested is that it appears it's ok to publicly comment on people's weight when they are thin/skinny..

I'm tall and thin, maybe weigh 135 and would be perhaps 5'10. I constantly hear "oh, you're so thin", "geez, you're so skinny". These types of comments come from friends, business colleagues...people at the shops !!

But yet it would seem very unacceptable to ever say "wow, you're so fat"...

I don't actually like it when people comment on my weight, it seems rude...and it would not be ok to comment if someone is big, I'd never randomly comment on someone's size - big or small.
I'm sure people say it thinking it's a compliment of some sort...it just comes across as a random comment on my body size.
A strange dual standard a think...
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I'm 6'4" and currently weigh in at 170. I have for most of my life....However, when my wife and I met, I was severely malnourished, and weighed about 140. I heard it all the time.

I try to gain weight, however, it just doesn't happen.

Also, when I cut weight down to 155 for a fight, my wife gets upset because she says I look sick. Then I get, from heavier people, "WOW! Like YOU need to loose weight!" in response to my eating light and trying to cut weight to make weight for a fight. It still hurts people.....

Last edited by TL4everu2; 01-23-2011 at 05:27 PM.