View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
This forum is the closest I would get to my Poly for Dummies It's riddled with posts by me after being here pretty much from the start and being here every day... I blog most of the big stuff now in the blog section.

Have fun camping. I used to camp like that with the pathfinders... North western Ontario. I hated it... but now have fond memories of warm snow caves. I think they were called quincies (sp?) and fires where we stunk but our feet were getting dry and warm... also of warm drinks and digging in the snow.

Bah, who am I kidding, I actually loved it. It was the team dynamics I hated. It was a group with elitists in it that thought I was incompetent. They never took the time to really get to know me. I was terribly shy and lacked confidence.... I really just didn't fit in. Never have really Oh to be young again with what I know now about myself.
Winter camping is awful. I used to do it too in Alberta (also with the Pathfinders). We'd show up set up camp and then I'd get cold and wouldn't warm up until I was home again. Hope you have a better time than I did Dinged!

RP-it sounds to me like you were with the wrong group. As a child the guiding world was one of the only places that I did feel confident!

Sorry for the hyjack