View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 06:03 PM

Dingedheart, my story is much like yours i've been married 16 years and have two children, we explored with a threesome about a year ago with the rule being that it was for sexual gratification only. After 2 months my wife told me she had feelings for the other man, I was in shock and didn't know how to cope.We did more talking then we ever have in our marriage, after getting all of our concerns on the table we were able to come to a mutual respect for the others needs. Through this process I will say that my wife never lied or kept anything from me, you must have this to make this work, trust I we have learned is everything in making poly work. We have also read the book "the ethical slut" this helped us set boundaries for our relationship. We are now a little over a year into this and we both feel as though our marriage is stronger now than ever. We even at times go on dates with all three of us. If you take the time and effort to communicate it will get easier to accept and will start to pay dividends to your marriage in the long run.