View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiverMartin View Post
OneSoul,

While attraction and repulsion, desire and aversion, fear and longing, etc., obviously play a crucial role in how most of us experience love, I think it would be very sad to define love in terms of these polarities. I would not define love as simply a matter of one end of this attraction/repulsion dynamic.

Love can also be understood as appreciation. Appreciation is a kind of joy, and this joy needn't depend on the attraction/repulsion dynamic. The best and happiest kinds of loving experience transcend the attraction/repulsion dynamic and amount to an overflowing of appreciation for the other--or even for existence (being) itself. One can even be ecstatically moved by simply being, and moved to the heights of love by simply breathing.
Now, that my friend is TRUE LOVE. TRUE BLISS. TRUE GRATITUDE. TRUE GRACE. TRUE BEING. EACH MOMENT...

That love is barely understood or even ever felt by most.

Here I mentioned the love/fear dynamic / motivator thats most prevalent in the everyday life of most people and drives them to ... (relevant to this couple & insecurities if any)
... love going to work.. love my work...
... have to go to work for paycheck... fear of survival (at various levels)
.. guiding child.. love of child..
.. coercing child... fear of child going astray..

Very thin border line.. between the two... Only self awareness of whats driving is the beginning point

But whats funny is the TRANSCENDED LOVE (True Love) is what really brings more of the LOVE SHIFT as compared to the FEAR MOTIVATOR SHIFT.

Last edited by OneSoul; 09-03-2009 at 10:10 PM.