View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 01:05 AM

Default Research Study on Polyamory

Hello, I am Kate Milano, a doctoral student at the Derner Institute at Adelphi University, and I am conducting research as part of my second year project and my dissertation, under the supervision of Dr. Lawrence Josephs. The study I am conducting is titled “Attachment Style, Sexual Orientation and Motivations for Polyamory in Self-Identified Polyamorous Individuals.” The study is designed to learn more about the relationship between the demographic characteristics, styles of relating and sexual preferences of self-identified polyamorous individuals. Motivations for pursuing a polyamorous lifestyle and attitudes towards monogamy will also be examined. Gender demographics as they relate to sexual orientation as well as attachment styles (a person’s characteristic style of relating to others) will also be explored. This study is designed with the intent to inform clinical theory as to whether or not certain attachment styles are associated with polyamorous behavior in men and women, and if these attachment styles correspond to gender. This study also intends to examine sexual orientation across the lifespan and its potential contribution to motivations for polyamorous behavior.

You will first be directed to the website where you will have the opportunity to read the consent document which will explain in greater detail what the study is about and tell you about your involvement should you agree to participate. If you will agree to participate in the study you will check the “Yes” box in the bottom of the form and provide your email address so the link to the study can be sent to your email address. Essentially, your involvement consists of filling out a series of questionnaires. Your involvement is purely voluntary, and if you choose not to participate you will not be penalized in any way. The answers to the questions on the questionnaire that you answer will be held in confidence: the forms are anonymous. Should you have any questions after reading the Informed Consent form, please do not hesitate to ask. If you are not 18 years old, unfortunately, you cannot participate in this study. Similarly, women who are currently pregnant are excluded from participation. For those of you who choose to participate, you can contact me at (646) 339-8496 or at k2milano@gmail.com. Thank you very much.

*Please note: The study should take approximately 30 minutes to complete, although 45-60 minutes is allotted in the Informed Consent release. Your participation is very much appreciated!

Link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/82NQ62G