View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
In regards to the gentleman with the two ladies in the same room that you don't know what to do with? hmmm.... they seem a tad selfish if they are unable to give you space and have compersion for the other.
That's not even remotely the issue. If you live with two partners, you will inevitably end up all being in the same room just in the course of your natural lives. When this happens, there's a problem with undirected affectionate feelings - if I have a romantic impulse, and it's not specific to either partner, there's a decision to be made about where and how to express it.

That decision is not simple, because neither partner can tell that the impulse is undirected. They don't know what I'm feeling... only what I do in response to those feelings.
"Everyone you meet in your life - even total strangers - is already intimately connected to you. The idea that we are all separate and distinct beings is nothing but an illusion. We are all parts of a larger whole, like individual cells in a body."
- Erin Pavlina