View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
*Why* on earth is it NOT OK for you to talk about feelings you're having?? Regardless of whether your feelings can be "fixed" (whatever that means) or not, you have a right for your feelings to be heard and listened to by your lovers. If I had a partner who was only able to listen to only the feelings he or she can "fix", I would honestly find that relationship unsustainable for me. Being able to express myself honestly is a fundamental need, and I would not be able to have a good relationship without that.

And that aside, there *are* things he can fix. If his libido isn't up to par, he can make up for it by making you feel wanted and desired in other ways. Cuddles, reading you a book, washing your hair, giving you a massage. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination. Sex isn't the only way to achieve intimacy.

It sounds to me like you're trying to blame yourself for most of what's going on here without allowing other partners to take responsibility for their parts in the relationships you're having. Perhaps it's time to find a poly-friendly relationship counselor to help. There seem to be some pretty fundamental things going on here.
This totally. It may not be so much the Sex that you need just the intimacy that sex creates. You have a rightto talk to Him.. Regardless of being able to fix things. Reading your original post made me so hurt for you. Please talk to him. Its not right and your going to end up with bigger issues if you dont open up and share how your feeing with him. Your just going to end up feeling bitter. ((hugs))
Brought me here...
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know that I am
I am, I am
The luckiest..
~ Ben Folds five ~