View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the input LR, it's really helpful to think about it this way.

Gia nonchalantly mentioned an article she'd read the other day about "co-parenting." It wasn't a poly article, per se, it was about childfree peeps helping to raise their friends kids as a way of everyone being happier. Still, her bringing it up has gotten me thinking about it a lot. Would I be willing to be a co-parent in some fashion to their child? Will I de facto be one anyway, whether I choose to embrace that term or not? There's no way to tell at this point, I think... maybe we'll come to an arrangement closer to her due date, or maybe it'll sort itself out in the months after the baby is born.

One thing that I have a little trouble with is the fact that, while we're very open with our friends, and I'm out about the relationship to my parents, Gia is only out about it to her mom and definitely isn't out to her co-workers. She works for a christian charity, and it could really jeopardize her job if her poly lifestyle came out. And her extended family just wouldn't understand. How much can I ultimately invest into a relationship that is halfway in the closet?

Questions, questions, questions.

I spent the night with them for the first time in a while the other night. Just hanging out and then sleeping, nothing naughty. I have a harder than usual time falling asleep when I'm sandwiched between them, which is annoying, but at the same time I absolutely love being so close to them. When I'm sleeping in their bed, I often have dreams about talking to them, usually about inconsequential stuff. It's kinda funny since my dreams are normally totally out there.