View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erithacus View Post
But then again, I haven't been communicating my needs too well, and if even Joyce failed to read between the lines, I can't really expect him to manage that. Or can I?
Nope, you can't.

But-not "just because".

The reason is that it's unrealistic in any situation to EXPECT someone to manage to read your mind. Sometimes a person will manage it-but expecting it is setting yourself and the other person up for a failure.

The key to ensuring that "miscommunication" is kept to a minimum, is ensuring that you clearly and succinctly state what you need, what you feel, what you are trying to express.
Sometimes that is a pain in the ass. I'm not unaware of that one! I think we ALL fail at times.
Sometimes I WANT one or the other of the guys to just KNOW what I'm feeling. After 18 years with one and 13 with the other "damn it-can't you just KNOW me?!?!?!"

But the truth is-that we're each individuals and sometimes we can see what the other needs without being told, sometimes we don't.

Hugs-you sound like you are reallly working on yourself-that's awesome! (all of you).