Thread: next level?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:11 PM

Hey jodi, I guess I'm in a similar situation (dating married SO for 6 months) and sometimes I, too, feel that twinge. I do get to see him pretty frequently but obviously the whole living the same house, sleeping in the same bed, being married thing trumps what I have in the end. My relationship with him is very special to me and I do really enjoy the things we do have. I suppose some relationships become more like co-primaries in that they all live together and share more time/decision making influence in the lives of their SO's. I would say that Mono and RP are an example to me of what taking a secondary relationship to the next level looks like. As they say, being a secondary is not for everyone. I'm still figuring out what the hell I'm doing. The only thing I know for sure right now is that being with O in whatever form I can is better for me than not being with him at all. That could certainly change. Maybe you guys can sit down and talk about what possibilities the future might hold? What things you guys are all looking for from each other. But I definitely empathize with you on the loneliness. I've been feeling it the last few days myself.