View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
It sounds like she may be what is sometimes referred to as a "cowgirl" - a person who gets involved with someone in a poly or open relationship with the intentions of getting them to give up their other partner(s) and be monogamous with the cowgirl/boy.
I don't think she would ever try to come between us but I worry about her mono mind set. I have seen others on here talking about relationships like that. I know we can't help who we fall in love with but it does seem to be a lot to deal with. I can't change her way of thinking and really have no desire to, I just want her to tell us what her fears are or things she worries about. As it stands now, I research and find things that might be upsetting her and figure out how to deal with them then casually bring the subject up and we talk about it. She always says thanks I had been worrying about that. Then I tell her ANYTIME you have something like that come to me. She says she will but never does. It hurts my feelings and makes me feel like she can't trust me. We really do like each other and spend a lot of time talking, laughing and crying together. I want this to work out.