View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I definitely know I am intimately focussed on one person at a time.
Let me pass along a little trial I'm facing right now, which is pretty closely related.

I have never had to sit in the same room with more than one woman I loved with all my heart. Over the past two weeks, I've done that several times, and I don't know what the hell to do. I can only kiss one of them at a time. I can only hug one of them at a time. And, what with having only one penis... well, you get the idea.

I don't know how to be completely and totally devoted to two people in the same room. I'm at an absolute loss. How does that work? What should I do? I hear so many women say "he kissed her but he didn't kiss me" or "he kissed her better than he kissed me" - and that's frequently a prelude to "it didn't work and we broke up and I hate him".

I don't have any problem going into a room with one person and being completely involved with that person, not even thinking about anyone else. I can love several people with all my heart. I can have two children in the same room, and love them like a parent, and both of them know I love them with all my heart. But I just don't know how to do it with women. (Or with men, for that matter. It's not a sexual or intimate thing. I don't really know how to balance my friends, either.)

So maybe I'm thinking of your issue differently. Maybe we both have the same one. After all, I can only really kiss one woman at a time, right? So can you. Is that where you see the problem? Not the love and affection itself, but the actual demonstration of it?
"Everyone you meet in your life - even total strangers - is already intimately connected to you. The idea that we are all separate and distinct beings is nothing but an illusion. We are all parts of a larger whole, like individual cells in a body."
- Erin Pavlina