View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
Let me see if I can add to anything for clarity sake........

Are there women who have only been exposed to a mono culture, been presented with an option of being the mono partner of a poly love mate and have chosen that option - NOT necessarily (or purely at least) out of love or infatuation, but because they sat down, analyzed the pros & cons, and made a conscious choice (WITH an open mind) to give it a try.

A situation where it made sense and the pros seemed to outweigh the cons, even though it seem to go against everything they had learned prior ?

Curious...........

GS
I believe I have done this, though I don't believe you can ever remove the love/relationship aspect completely from any poly/mono decision process because making a decision about a relational model is about relationships (not just logic). I suppose a Vulcan could do it, but I assumed you were questing for human females

Isn't this the poly equivalent of people who choose to be poly out of pure logic before ever acting on it, rather than because they find themselves suddenly in love with two (or more) people at once and go, "Oh, hey, I must be poly."

I think you are asking about "thoughtful" decision making, rather than reactionary emotional discovery.

However, when it comes to relationships, humans are rarely logical. One doesn't know what one feels until one feels it.