View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
OlderWoman, many of the things you wondered about could have been answered in advance by reading what has already been written on this forum. This may come as a surprise to you, but this forum has existed for two years already without you, and questions such as whether there are married couples in outside long-term committed poly relationships, whether or not this place is a "bunch of teeny-boppers looking to get laid", and so forth, have been covered extensively.

One of my pet peeves on forums is when people come across as though they are not interested in reading what other people have already written, but expect everyone else to fully digest and process what THEY have written just because they decided to join a forum out of the blue. That is how you have come across to me so far. I am not jumping to conclusions out of nowhere because I have read your posts thoroughly and there is no way you would be asking certain things had you spent some time reading older threads and searching on areas that are of interest to you.

Having said that, you seem to have managed to charm some of the people here in spite of yourself.
You make some very good points and a totally agree with them.

I sometimes teach painting classes and I run into the exact same problem with my art students. They all want to jump in and start painting and they don't listen to anything the instructor is trying to tell them, and they don't want to spend a half hour watching a painting demonstration tape, and they wonder why their painting looks atrocious and start whining about how they can't paint.

So yes, I see what you are saying.

I also only have 24 hours in a day and I take care of my parents full time. Both of them pretty much need 24 hours care and my father has Alzheimer's. I keep an eye on them with a nanny cam from my computer room.

Yes I should have read everything on this forum before posting but I spend way too much time on the computer already. I plan to cut back on that a lot.

I have made a new goal to spend more time in the real world this 2011, and improve my health, drop some pounds etc., so I will probably back off from my cyber activity A LOT this year.

That will be very hard since my business is on the computer, most of my friends are in cyberspace, I shop via the Internet and I have dozens of websites and several blogs to maintain. Yep that will be very hard.

I just wanted to take a quick dip in this pool to see what the water was like.

I like it. I like it a lot.

Thanks for your point of view.

Last edited by Olderwoman; 01-04-2011 at 09:31 PM.