View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
What if, instead of your happiness (which is not a tangible thing), these people were jealous or envious of your great body, which you spend X number of hours in the gym and deprive yourself of yummy snacks to maintain?

I'm not saying that is the case (although your body looks just fine to me), but it IS a tangible thing, and would it be any different to you if they were jealous of that?
How is that a tangible thing? It is very similar in fact (although I don't spend time in the gym and indeed eat treats... ) what does one do with that even? It's like I come barreling into a room all happy and smiley, ready to chat and get to know people, eager to tell my story and share experiences, learn from others and love them for who they are and I am faced with them looking me over, taking note of my situation and then get the eye roll and the cold shoulder. As I said, I don't know if this is envy or not. Perhaps I am just distasteful to others period. I don't think so, because I have generally been very well liked and well regarded. It's just since I have made Mono and my poly life public that I have faced this. I am not used to it and it makes me feel sad and hurt.

If XYZ123 is reading, I fear it is what you and I discussed about my having my cake and eating it too. How having two men is frowned upon for women, but not for men with two women.