View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm not usually mean-spirited. But, honestly, if they're jealous or envious, let them go out and find their own (person, place, thing) that makes THEM happy. I'm not saying I'm never envious or jealous, it's human nature. But I get over it pretty quickly and DO something about these feelings. In other words, I find my own happiness. And I make a decision to be happy for those I care about, even if I do wish I had what they have. You keep being happy. Let them waste their own lives envying you. But remind them that they can work towards happiness as well and be willingto show them how. You are only responsible for the happiness of yourself and for doing what you can to bring about the happiness of those you love and who love you and work towards your happiness in return. It took me years (and alot of going without to make other people happy) to learn this. And I still forget sometimes.

I wish I had the support and the extended chosen family you do. I wish I had the happiness and fulfillment you do. However, I'm not envious as there is no negativity attached to my wishes. Rather, your story provides me with hope and I am happy for you. So thank you for sharing it and please continue to be as happy as you are!

(Hehe. I'm grumpy today. Can you tell?)

Last edited by XYZ123; 08-29-2009 at 06:40 PM.