View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nakedone View Post

One thing that seems to be basic to all defiinitions is that there are at least three people involved in a sexual relationship of some kind. But, beyond that, the varieties are many!
I'll offer that what you think is basic to any definition of poly is incorrect. Polyamory deals with intimate, romantic relationships that may or may not include sexual behavior--some are quite chaste. What *is* basic to polyamory is engaging in multiple intimate, romantic relationships.

From my own experience, the most "usual" polyamory relationship involves two men and one woman. And, in most cases, one of the men will be the husband of the one woman involved. But, not always.
Here you show that you have very limited experience in the world of poly. MFM vees aren't any more common than FMF vees or triads or small networks. If I had to point at any single arrangement as being most common, I'd point to a FMF vee.

My question to any who read this is: "How do YOU define Polyamory, and what kinds of three-person sexual relationships have you enjoyed most?"
Wouldn't you be better served asking about threesome experiences on a site for swingers? I get the idea you're wanting to focus on discussion of sex without much thought for the relationships, so you're likely going to find much more that sort of thing elsewhere. I could be wrong, of course, and you actually want to discuss relationships and just worded things poorly in that regard. In that case, I'll suggest spending some time reading before starting a thread--the search feature is your friend.
When speaking of various forms of ain't poly if you're just fucking around.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.