View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey View Post
How do people deal with family members who notice you spend an unusual amount of time with an additonal person outside of your marriage and almost feel jealous and a bit confused with the situation?
are you sure it's not envy of which you speak?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy

"Jealousy is an emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, such as a relationship, friendship, or love. Jealousy often consists of a combination of emotions such as anger, sadness, and disgust. Jealousy differs from envy in that jealousy is about something one has and is afraid of losing, while envy refers to something one does not have and either wants to acquire or to prevent another from acquiring."

I have this same question... especially as a mother!

My thing is with others being possibly envious of what I have as I am so happy and fulfilled. They don't understand how much work it has taken to get here and that they too can create whatever works for them...

I'd love to know how to deal with the outside world on this one... perhaps not on this thread though, I will start another.