View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameKat View Post
LOL no that's not what I was asking - in fact is in the point of the question...

What price is acceptable to pay to keep your own integrity as a whole person...

Price - other's pain, disruption, chaos

my own pain is perfectly acceptable in my quest to be true to myself... causing pain to others in the process is not... however I can see that it is either necessary or unexpected fallout (their own issues cropping up etc)... my question is more a philosophical one - at what point do you draw the line? do you draw the line, is your integrity so important that no price is too high?

>>"What price is acceptable to pay to keep your own integrity as a whole person."<<

I don't know how to answer this question. BUT

If you can be true to yourself, being true and honest about who you are and what you want --on a daily basis --in as kindly a way as possible, and this still seems to hurt someone else, it is probably because they want you to be something else or they expect something else of you.

It is not about "integrity." It is about being honest. You don't have to build a cause around yourself and who you are, or do battle to maintain your integrity. (Perhaps sometimes we think we do, but that is a defensive position and any defensive position sets you in opposition to another.)

The one thing I want to say is that you should not begin a practice of lying in an attempt to keep from hurting someone else. That practice can grow into a life of deceit. Be kind, be honest. Let people respond to that in the way they must. In any case, you are in the clear.