View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 03:57 AM

"A friend in need is a friend indeed."

That would be me. I am that friend when they are in need. But for some strange reason, I don't feel that they would be very helpful to me when I am in need. Some, maybe. My Cajun, always. But most...I don't think so. Most I don't even get to talk to unless there is some drama going on in their life and need to talk to me.

In fact except for my husband, and hopefully now Elric, I don't really have any intimate (JR version) friends and don't really think that I have had since high school...maybe even middle school/junior high. Kinda sucks and gets lonely. Maybe I'm so used to being everyone else's "friend in need" that I can't show that sometimes I need? When you are expected to be the "strong" one, it's hard not to be.

I did try talking to one friend about some of my emotional problems, in hopes of making her feel better about her own and now every time she talks to me, she'll ask how I'm doing but it sounds more like she's just waiting for me to break down, not wanting me to but expecting it almost. Heh, if only she knew!

So Mono, I think I know what you mean. I kinda shy away from new, closer friendships even though I do crave them.