View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 01:44 PM

Default The relationship is progressing well

It's been about a month now since my adventures into polyamory began. Prior to that, I've never even heard of the word "polyamory", let alone know anything about it. My wife and I were a straight vanilla mono couple... at least, we thought we were. Now we're a poly vee, my wife is bi, her wife is lesbian, and ya... I'm still straight vanilla, but I have to admit, I'm starting to really like this! ;-D

The three of us all get along wonderfully. I can't wait until she can move in with us. We all have a much better understanding of our relationship now, boundaries, feelings, interactions, roles, etc. We've been able to open up to a few close friends, all of which have been completely accepting... and a couple of which were poly as well! In fact, it turns out that a few of my friends are poly, and I never even knew! We opened up to our pastor, and she was also very accepting and welcomed my wife's OSO into the church. The level of support we've received has been truly heartwarming.

I also recognize that this just the beginning of a great adventure together, one that has already rekindled the love, romance, and passion between me and my wife (we're having extreme-NRE... it's like a second honeymoon, better than our first even!), helped my wife to grow and blossom, brought another wonderful person into our family, and re-established a healthy (and fun!) quality of life and work/life balance. True, we all still have a lot of learning and growing to do together, and there will be some jealousies, misunderstandings, and hurt feelings from time to time. But that's all part of the progress, and even that can be endearing if taken on with caring, love, patience, acceptance, and a sense of humor.

God bless you all. I can't thank everyone here enough for all their help and support. I'm no longer struggling like I was, but I look forward to continuing to be active within this forum... and I'll undoubtedly be asking for more help as our relationship progresses! ;-)