View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
Karma has told me there were times when I was thin that I was unattractive and times when I've been heavy that I've been very attractive. It's all in my personality and how I hold myself.

When I'm feeling confident and good about things, I can still turn heads. When I'm feeling down, in pain, or just not caring, I know people whisper behind my back.
Definitely this!

Taking care and pampering yourself, including getting a good hair cut regularly and making sure your clothes fit properly can do a lot for yourself esteem. For some reason, it's easier to exercise and eat healthy when you feel good about yourself.

About 4 years ago, I was skiing 2 days every weekend (kid was on the ski team) and walking 3-4 days a week. I was probably in the best shape I'd been in since high school, yet I was still just under 200lbs. I could keep up with my brother, who is extremely athletic and strong (and weights less than me). Fact was that I could out ski about 80% of the people at our local mountains. It was really fun to show off that this plus size girl could kick their but on a pair of skis.