View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Once kids start school or you watch them with a group of other kids, it isn't hard to tell which ones don't have any siblings (even if they have been in daycare). I think once they are adults, things tend to even out. It really doesn't matter as long as the parents are invested (may mean regular play dates and living in a neighborhood with other young children).
exactly, we are raising an only child. None of our sibs have kids, LB is the only one in an aging family of almost 40 year olds. I make sure he spends a lot of time with other kids at school because of this and bend over back wards to create interesting play dates for him and his friends so he might have one on one time with them. He doesn't like kids coming to the house and prefers his down time over hanging out with other kids, but its all been done before and I am not worried. He is always smiling, self motivated and very popular at school. He is confident and makes sure we know what his preference is and what his needs are. I am very proud of how he is being raised. even more so now that he has an extra grown up buddy that loves him and cares for his well being. Mono is on our will as being his guardian if we both die. Mono get the house and LB gets our money. Mono could have tenants to pay the mortgage and we have really good life insurance. I feel very comfortable with our arrangement and the life we have set up for LB... sorry, a bit off topic.