View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4700 View Post
@SourGirl - I am not really talking about the ones that never respond at all, but more the 3 or 4 messages and then nothing. This has happened to me 3 times where I though maybe something could develop, only to have a message never returned and be left wondering what the hell.... grr Its sorta akin to talking to a girl at a bar and having her abruptly walk away and never come back. I know the internet offers a sense of anonymity, but in the end there are real people on both ends and I think manners still apply.

In the end I remind myself that the girl I am looking for wouldn't do that and feel better about it.
That is a good thing to remind yourself. At the end of the day, if that is a suitability requirement, then it`s best if they weed themselves out early.

I imagine, from what most men say about online dating, this is more frustrating for men, then women. If I am in contact with someone and at some point, and they dont reply, I usually dont notice until much , much later, if at all.

I don`t mean to pick your words apart, though find myself with different experiences. I had/have a online friendship with someone that lasted 3 years before we met. A few others I never met at all, but we stay in touch, on a semi-regular basis.