View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 07:12 AM

It's been a good Christmas. The weather here has improved greatly. We were out this afternoon making snowmen and having snowball fights. The kids were so excited to give the presents that they had made out. They seemed much more interested in giving presents than getting presents. (Although the toy puppy that walks and talks and the giant playmobile castle were greatly appreciated...thank you grandma and grandpa).

Tomorrow my sister and brother arrive and I get to spend a day with them before starting our trek back home. As always it will be sad to leave but nice to be back home again. I feel a little like I have a split life (and have since I moved to a new city). It gets harder and harder to come back and there are still pangs about leaving too.

Once we're home the planning is on for our annual new years party. We're going to have to work out a signature drink for this year. Last year we did jello shooters and I think the consensus was that the cherry ones tasted like cough syrup. :P

I miss RP. I haven't been able to talk to her much at all this week. I've been spending all my time visiting with family and old friends. Just a couple more days and all will be back to normal again.

Merry Christmas everyone.

-Derby