View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerinKS View Post
After thinking about it the last few days, I have to agree with both of you. The breakup was premature on my part...this could have been fixed, or at least I needed to give it more time. This was the first poly experience for either one of us, and the mistakes are clear.
Nah. I'll disagree with RP.

She was toying with you. When you were relatively near by and available, she was happy to play. When you went away for a bit, she found a toy closer and decided to play with that one.

What bothers me in the scenario is that she apparently has little regard for you--no discussion of how much interaction you need on a daily basis and just dropping you from the texting, calling, etc.

It's quite a simple thing: believe what people DO. She can say anything she wants. It's what she actually does that tells you what you need to know. If she stops with the daily contact, it means she really doesn't want the daily contact and you aren't important enough to her now for that sort of interaction.

That's a clear message, I believe.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.